This 2-disc DVD set covers the Bong Bo (a.k.a. Beng Bu, Bung Bo) empty hand form, one of the most famous and well-known Praying Mantis Kung Fu (Tang Lang Quan/Tong Long Kuen) fighting forms. In this 2-disc DVD set, Wes Hardy (18-year system practitioner) and Sean Daily (10-year practitioner) take you step-by-step through Bong Bo’s various techniques, footwork, and handwork, and demonstrate practical, hands-on applications for each motion. Techniques and the entire form are shown at multiple speeds to allow viewers to understand subtle nuances and advanced concepts in addition to the basic motions.
This form’s techniques include a majority of the set of principles present in the original implementation of the style, developed by founder Wang Lang over 350 years ago. Nearly all styles of praying mantis kung fu in existence today include some version of Bong Bo, and the form has also been incorporated into the curriculum of many other kung fu styles and martial arts systems as well.
DVD Features Include:
- Thorough explanation of each motion w/hands-on applications
- Breakdown of individual motions shown at full, 1/2 and 1/4 speeds
- Demonstration versions of form shown at multiple speeds
- Form demonstration illustrating hidden waist power (“fa jing”)
- DVD Bonus Material includes: other mantis form excerpts, free sparring, kicking series form, hand speed training drill